Wednesday, July 3, 2013

God, my heart's companion

I was walking on the beach a few days ago talking with God, when I saw a couple walking towards me. They were holding hands, and they reminded me of Linda and I. They didn't look like we did, but the lady had blonde hair like Linda did, and the man had a baseball cap on like I did that morning. I first started to miss Linda, but I heard God say, "I am your mate. I am your partner. And I want to be closer to you than even Linda was. I am filling that hole in your heart, and I want to fill it even more with My love. Be My mate. Come close to Me. Hold My hand, spend time."

My Father wants to have an intimate relationship with me, like a bridegroom has with a bride. This verse describes that relationship:

"The voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who say,

'Give thanks to the Lord of hosts,
For the Lord is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting';

and of those who bring a thank offering into the house of the Lord. For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were at first,’ says the Lord." (Jeremiah 33:11)

I am God's bride, and my declaration is, "Thank You Lord, because You are good, and Your love is forever! Thank You God that you will restore my fortunes to be even better than they were before Linda passed away."  

I love this picture from Isaiah 62:5 that says, "As the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so your God will rejoice over you." God is so proud of me, so in love with me, that He rejoices over me! I want more of that. I want more of His exuberant, overflowing love for me. God, Your joy fills my heart, and I am so glad I get to spend time with You everyday; You the maker of heaven and earth, and my heart's companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment