Thursday, May 30, 2013

Keepin' it Real

I've been thinking a lot about what to write next. I love to write, so I've been getting all these ideas about what to put down, but recently nothing sounded like, "this is it!" I want my blog to be a place where I can express honestly what's going on in my process and what God is saying to me through it all. And hopefully my writing will help some people along the way. While the last post was good, it didn't turn out to be as open and honest as I wanted it to. So now I'm keepin' it real. Do I have a lot to share that God taught in this last difficult year? Yes, but I want to be where is the pulse of my heart is. If I'm not hitting it, then my writing falls flat. I've also noticed that my daily life falls flat if I'm not honest with God and my friends (and also importantly--myself!) about how I'm doing.

So where am I at right now? I'm doing well and having a hard time all at the same time. My relationships with my friends and God are good but I have also been slipping into despair over the last few weeks. I am doing better now, praise the Lord, but it is getting close to the anniversary of Linda's death, so sadness comes with the territory.

A verse that's meant something to me recently is from John 4:4 that says, "greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." This verse reminds me that the God who lives in me is greater than the enemy of my soul who would want to suck me down into despair. Times might be hard, but I know that God will carry me though it. Thank you Lord that You live in me and You keep me safe from things that life or the enemy will bring my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment